Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bibliotheque Bonanza







Wander and you find it. The centre of Bologna has a central piazza flanked by the original university building, the parliament and the seat of commerce. Politics, knowledge and economics. Apparently this was an Al Qaeda target for a while? The library has hundreds of plaques that students have commissioned as dedications to their teachers over the years. Nice. And then, not quite making it to San Luca, I stumbled upon the Bibliotheque Giradini on the edge of town. Suddenly I was in the country side, beautiful grounds for study and reflection. Must have been a couple of hectares at least and right at the top I rested with my pizza and wine to see the sun set. The grass smelt amazing, full of summer sun and the swallows fully intent on impressive acrobatic displays. Some deep contentment here. I swear it has taken me 4 weeks to get into my groove and live with no care for tomorrow. Precious precious moments indeed.

No comments: