Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kinda Creepy








I think this was my first real introduction to the effects of chronic alcoholism. It was a spectacular day in Heidelberg by the way. The entire family was deeply steeped in inter-racial trophy relationships, along with two friends also in the game. I had to snap the creepy lady, bless, it could have so easily been me I thought. Turns out she was a sister of the bride, married with children. Later that afternoon she danced with the groom and remarked that that was the first dance she had had since her wedding 20 years ago. We got out of there as ASAP. That’s army talk and very appropriate because the United States Army really was the chaperone for almost all of the partnerships there that day. The frightening prospect of taking what is available! Did I mention the wedding vows were an mpeg R&B track?

No comments: